- Most Degree holders will not want to sell chips but are very happy to work for Hungry Lion.
2. A degree holder is not prepared to sell popcorn in the street but is very happy to work for Voda Phone outlet in a tent by the road side.
3. A degree holder is not prepared to sell second hand clothes but is very happy to be employed by DAPP which the business of selling second hand clothes.
4. A degree holder is not prepared to make K20,000 monthly doing his own business but is very happy to work at the till in a bank getting paid K7,000.
5. A degree holder is not prepared to start a company and grow it in two to three years but will spend three years searching for a job.
6. A degree holder is not prepared to sell food to students but will be happy to be reporting to a boss with no qualifications as long as he is paid K5,000 for a salary.
7. A degree holder is so eager to get out of this country and work in another country than spend time to develop his own country.
8. A degree holder staying in a foreign land (a Zambian) is very keen to condemn Zambia but never contributing to the development of this country.
9. A Zambian degree holder would rather sweep the streets of London or USA than start a business and make money in Zambia – others work in people’s homes doing some work there.
10. A degree holder in Zambia will watch porn on his laptop but never to write a book using the same laptop to sell and make money.
11. Most Degree holder will blame the government for lack of jobs even after he was on government bursary for him to have his degree.
12. Zambia is blessed with people who have master’s degree and others are doctors in different technical fields such as IT and Engineering but all of them have failed to create a cartoon character and develop a movie from the same instead very happy to buy Tom and Jerry for their children thereby promoting America.
At the University where I was studying Project Management Course, there was this humble, uneducated fellow. He didn’t speak English but had a KIOSK. I got interested and decided to find out how he ran his business. I made a startling discovery. In his kaNtemba, he sold disposable Coke, Fanta and Sprite at K9 each making a profit of K4 on each drink. He also sold chips at K10 per pack. Making a profit of K5 on each Chips portion. Not less than 100 students and numerous other outsiders frequented his neat KIOSK to buy his delicious chips and drink every single day.
This means he made an average profit of K400 for 100 drinks; and a total profit of K500 per day on Chips… Simple Math reveals that this humble chap made a whooping K900 profit every single day. All things being equal in ten days he made a profit of K9,000, in twenty days K18,000 and in thirty days K27,000.
That’s what I mean. Most Degree holders aren’t smart thinkers. They wouldn’t want to partner with such a guy in this business. The Degree Holder working in a bank at the till gets a salary of K7000 every month.
Why are the degree holders poor? Because they have decided to pride themselves in a Degree and failed to think better than a man who does not have even a certificate to his name. Degree holders spend their time liking articles on LinkedIn and Facebook but never have any care in the world to implement what they like. Poverty starts from the mind, a mind that just likes things but never to implement those things.
If you want to progress, throw away that Degree and start thinking better than someone without a degree. Be prepared to get your hands dirty and work like an ox for your business. Your hard work will pay off.