A unique selling proposition (USP) is a marketing statementand a differentiating factor of your company or product from the marketplace. The USP describes how your company, product or service is unique from the other companies on the market. The USP or sometimes called the Unique Selling point is what points out factors that makes your business the better choice for your customers and why your defined customer should choose you instead of other companies offering the same service. This can be high quality, lower prices.
Why Your Company Needs A USP?
- Your USP is an elevator pitch of your company or product.
- It tells why your target customers should choose you instead of your competitors.
- It will help you focus your marketing goals and which marketing strategy to use
- It becomes an outstanding part of your brand that your customers will remember.
- it becomes an advertising and marketing strategy that helps you to differentiate your product from competition
- It describes what you stand for as a company
- It identifies what makes your business the better choice from your competitors.
- It highlights product benefits that are important to your customers.
- It helps to determine if a new business or product is likely to find a market
Examples of USP
Dropbox: “Dropbox keeps your files safe, synced, and easy to share. Bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and never lose a file again.”
Target: “Expect More. Pay Less.”
Colgate: “Improve mouth health in two weeks”
Shoprite: “Lowest price you can trust”
Things To Consider When Developing A USP
- What are you providing
- Know your target customer
- What makes you Unique
- Product Benefits
If you a need professional USP and other marketing needs, contact me on.