Zambia’s online shopping space is getting more competitive. Spakdeal, launched in 2019 by co-founders Francis Chanda and Mulume Musonda of which Francis Chanda is the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Spakdeal. Spakdeal is by far the next largest e-commerce platform in the country within the next 5 years scope.
Spakdeal is largely a customer-centric online store, providing variety, simplicity, and convenience to improve customers’ shopping experience. But the platform also includes a Sellers Center, giving sellers a chance to market and promote their products.
But how do you sell on Spakdeal? This article outlines all you need to know how to sell on Spakdeal and become a successful seller on Spakdeal. But before that, let’s know in brief about this e-commerce platform.
A BRIEF ON SPAKDEAL
● Entered business in 2019 with headquarters in Ndola, Zambia
● Will serve over 100,000 customers in Zambia
● Will expand its site to (Kenya, Nigeria, Namibia and South Africa ) all will operate independently
● Stocks will be over 17 million products
● The platform will allow you to shop and sell with the Spakdeal App
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE KNOWING HOW TO SELL ON SPAKDEAL
Like most e-commerce platforms, Spakdeal will put some qualifications you need to meet to be accepted as a seller.
1. Be An Authorized Seller in Case of Branded Products
Spakdeal has no requirement for whether your product has a brand. But in the case of branded products, make sure you’re the authorized seller of the brand. The platform checks for authorization, which may be in the form of licenses, trademarks, among others. Spakdeal uses this to protect both the seller and brand owner.
2. Have Brand New or Good Second Hand Products
Spakdeal deals in both new and good second-hand or refurbished products. Therefore, ensure to only list new or good second hand products in the marketplace not damaged products.
3. Have Affordable Pricing for Your Products
Spakdeal marketplace deals in affordable, premium products. It might not be the ideal marketplace for you, in case you plan to sell costly, high-end products.
BENEFITS OF SELLING ON SPAKDEAL
1. Broad Market Access
With Spakdeal, you get access to the vast Zambian market with no geographical limit. Here, you can market your products to over 2.3 million potential buyers. After all, internet connection is all that a customer needs to access your store and the various products you have to offer.
2. 24/7 Availability
Spakdeal, unlike most marketplaces, is there to serve customers 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Therefore, customers can browse your store and place orders at any time.
3. Lowest Cost
Spakdeal, like most e-commerce stores, features lower operation and establishment cost when you compare to physical stores. You can operate it from any location, and the platform takes care of marketing and other fixed costs. Plus, Spakdeal charges the lowest sales commission of all online marketplace’s in Zambia.
4. Convenient Product Management
Customers gain access to your products and make orders online. You are then able to monitor orders, and track sales right in your comfort zone.
5. Data Analysis And Marketing
The platform researches on your behalf about buyers preferences and demand. By analyzing such data, Spakdeal knows how best to market for products to boost transaction rate of orders.
WHAT YOU CAN SELL ON SPAKDEAL
Spakdeal’s list of permitted products spans various categories including Fashion, Phone & Tablets, Electronics & Office, Home & Appliances, Kids Stuff, and Automotive.
WHAT YOU CAN’T SELL ON SPAKDEAL
The platform bans and restricts the sale of certain items, such as Media Publications, Fireworks and Explosives, Adult Toys, Pirated Content, Seditious Materials, Tobacco and Cigarettes, Medical Items, among others.
CONDITIONS REQUIRED TO SELL ON SPAKDEAL
To qualify as a seller on Spakdeal, you need to:
● Be 18 years and above or operate under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian
● Maintain the same pricing for your products
● Maintain 0% Out Of Stock Rate
● List high-quality products and maintain high customer rating.
● Provide a certificate as proof of identification for branded products
● Provide the necessary documents and information regarding personal information and shop information/company information
● Ensure the store business category matches the company business license
● Operate within the scope of Spakdeal sales categories
Wishing you our Spakdeal team more abundance wealth to come! Visit Our www.Spakdeal.com Zambia